🖐️ My name is Andrey G. I am a senior software engineer at Facebook from London, UK (learn more about who I am on my GitHub or on my website). I came to Great Britain on a Skilled Worker visa in 2021 and transferred to a Global Talent one in March 2022. Once I made that leap, I decided I want to help others do the same.
🔍 Working on my application, I constantly banged my head against the wall searching for what TechNation (visa sponsorship committee) wanted to see. The information on the web is... scarce at best. Having jumped through all the hoops and received my visa, I wrote a free blog post about my journey.
🤯 That blog post already helped a few of my colleagues to get their visas, but the general feedback was that it still lacked some details. Most importantly, it lacked concrete document examples.
🌱 In this new guide you will find:
- How a Global Talent visa is different from a Skilled worker visa
- How the application process looks like
- A list of documents I provided to support my own application (only the list, not the documents themselves!)
- Concrete document examples (7 evidence documents, 1 recommendation letter, 1 CV, 1 personal statement) for an imaginary applicant Minus Hexonalds
- Guidance on how to structure your own evidence documents, recommendation letters, CV, personal statement
- How you could build your case from the ground up (yes, it is possible in 6-12 months and even less!). 7 ideas or an entire page.
ℹ️ The visa application process has two parts:
- Getting TechNation's endorsement for the visa. This is the most challenging and confusing part. Covered by this guide.
- The formal procedure of applying for the visa itself on gov.uk. Not covered by this guide, but, in all fairness, it is pretty straightforward. UX designer at gov.uk did a great job!
❤️ Praise from others
- "I've got the guide myself and found the instructions are actionable. I highly recommend to get this guide to save lots of time on collating details of requirement."
- "I can say that it is super detailed guidance on how to prepare docs to increase your chances significantly!"
- "I wish a guide like this existed when I was working on my visa application."
- "All the necessary information in one place, and most importantly, what I found there is live examples of evidence (a killer feature in my view)"
(translated from Russian)
If you're not 100% satisfied with the purchase, or it's not what you were expecting, contact me at email@example.com within 30 days, and you'll get a full refund. No questions asked.
🙀 Who is Minus Hexonalds?
Quoting TechNation, "The use of templates within your application is not acceptable (e.g. Letters of Reference, Personal Statement, Criteria Evidence, etc.). The standard required for Global Talent endorsement requires that your application be unique. The use of templates may weaken your application or potentially raise concerns regarding the validity of your application."
Under no circumstances shall you share your own documents not to endanger your own visa or applications of the people you share it with. I am going to provide concrete document examples for an imaginary applicant Minus Hexonalds to keep my own visa safe. Do not ever copy these examples word-by-word! It might drop a shadow on your own application and even lead to rejection. Use the examples mostly as inspiration.
NOTE: I am not a lawyer and have no legal background. I am in no way associated with TechNation. I do not know for certain how they assess the applications. This guide is based solely on my own research and experience. I do not and could not provide any guarantees.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.